Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How not to lose weight...

Last week I woke up with pain on the left side of my jaw. I've had clicking and it would catch when I open--that's been going on for years. The pain was new though, so I was a bit concerned. I then noticed it hurt too much to bring my teeth together on that side to chew. I'm a left side chewer wouldn't you know it? When I finally go to a mirror, normal people would have rushed to see what was up , not me. Anyway, I notice that my jaw has shifted markedly to the right. That solved the chewing mystery.

I had a dentist appt. later in the week so I decided to wait it out. My dentist took one look at me and said, "You need to see an oral surgeon." So, yesterday I went to the swankiest dentist office in the world. Not only do they extract teeth, they do lip plumping, brow lifts and botox injections. The good news is they're not going to do surgery right away. The bad news is I have to have a night guard made and I have to be on super high doses of anti-inflammatories and a muscle relaxant for 3 months. They hope that the jaw will slip back into proper position on its own.

This boils down to being on a soft/semi soft diet until the problem is correct...lucky, lucky me. The upside to the boring is that since I'm down to 278.8 as of this morning.

I'll take it :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the jaw. I hope it heals before long. Congrats on the weightloss, though.

    ReplyDelete