Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's 2010, here I am again!!!

I have not given up on my weight loss. I just decided to take the super leisurely once around the park route. Well, once around the park stopping at every fast food and ice cream joint along the way.
So, what's been going on since April of last freakin' year? In May I started doing Medifast. Great plan, restrictive, but fast. I got down to 271. Then I hit the wall. I started straying off plan. I kept trying to recommit but no luck. In October, I lost a dear friend to cancer. She also struggled with her weight and had just achieved goal before she died. I spent another few months wallowing in my feelings for a woman that was a second mother to me. The holidays came and went with the eating and not paying attention to my health that goes with them.
Not all was doom and gloom. A couple of my friends are on a weight loss mission, so I've been walking with them occasionally. We've done a couple of hikes and some hill walks in their neighborhood as well as a few walks around a nearby reservoir.
I'm not quite sure what to file this little nugget under :). Earlier this year DH was told he was "fat" by his doc. He needed to lose about 30 pounds. He saw my initial success on Medifast so he decided to do that....He's almost to goal and is now a weight loss expert. My oldest is also doing a bizarre Medifast/Atkins hybrid and he's down about 35 pounds.....Yippee for them!!!! (Where's the eyeroll emoticon?)
So, what am I doing you ask? Well, I've given up Medifast for good in my head. I've gone back to Weight Watchers/calorie counting. I've convinced myself that one of the reasons I couldn't stick to Medifast was I couldn't deal with the cravings. I know that I could try, stick with it...blah blah blah. I threw in the towel, I was sick of swimming upstream.
And here I am, a few pounds lighter than when I last posted. I was 283.8 this morning. Not great, but not bad. Considering what I've been eating, it's pretty great. I'd like to say that I'll be diligent and post, but at best I'll say I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment